Give your feedback and help make Gomakan.com better for all!

Create clearer section definers that stand out.

Like many others, I also find the top page to be quite messy and confusing. Personally, I believe that part of it is because each section of of the top page -- the recent reviews section, for instance -- simply don't explain what they are. I suggest that each section gets large, easily definable and understandable section "markers" that clearly shows what each section is for.

For example, the search widget on the top right would have a big speech bubble stating something like "Search Here!", the Recommendation GO section would have one that says, "See Our Recommendations!", and the recent reviews section has a large banner or section divider with big bold words saying, "Check out our recent reviews!", and so on so forth.

It would help the users understand how to use the site better, as well as help dissolve the confusion that comes from a design that gives a feel of undefined clutter.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminGoMakan (Team Member, GoMakan.com) responded  · 

Thank you Kyle for your great advice! Are you a web designer by any chance? We’ve been working diligently these past weeks to improve our site’s user experience to bring out the best of gomakan and our community. Stay tuned for new and exciting changes to gomakan.com and we hope you will continue to offer your suggestions and ideas in the future!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...